Location:ISSI headquarters- Greenbelt, MD
Description:The Technical/Proposal Writer is responsible for supporting International Software Systems, Inc. (ISSI)’s business development organization and managing full proposal lifecycle. Responsibilities include working closely with corporate executives, technical managers, business development personnel and Sales Leads to develop bid strategy, themes and discriminators with the creative ability to integrate technical solutions and management processes into a compelling proposal that will win. The position requires in-depth understanding of the federal procurement cycle and the implications for capture, marketing, and proposal preparation. The ideal candidate possess the initiative, organization skills, stamina, attention to detail, flexibility, and the ability to forecast resource requirements to produce winning proposals.
• Researches and gathers technical information for use in proposal development activities. Applies winning proposal concepts, practices, procedures along with solid writing methodologies to incorporate information and themes into assigned proposals.
• Review, analyze, and interpret technical requirements provided in RFIs and RFPs (including PWS) to gain a thorough understanding of the objectives of each solicitation.
• Interview SMEs (or use key points provided by SMEs during storyboard process) to develop an understanding of our solution and create a compelling proposal response that meets all solicitation requirements.
• Develop and integrate themes, discriminators and key success factors for responses
• Develop and create graphics (images, charts, diagrams) to illustrate concepts and/or subject matter in proposals
• Makes recommendations on how to best respond to the RFP meeting or exceeding the customer's requirements, within company guidelines and the competitive environment.
• Manages and integrates other writers’ work products, ensuring proposal compliance and uniformity
• Interviews project managers and task leads, programmers, engineers, developers, and other technical personnel to collect technical and engineering methodology information, then incorporates this information into proposal technical approaches.
• Leads/writes sections within the management plan on topics such staffing, recruiting, transition, reporting, quality management, risk, and key personnel.
• Leads/Writes corporate experience and past performance sections, interfacing with project managers and contracts administration contract specifics. Uses search tools to identify relevant contracts in terms of scope.
• Ensures that all RFP format specifications have been followed and meets all proposal deadlines
• Improves the readability and clarity of text by using active voice and concise language, and minimizing jargon
• Supports the development of technical and management white papers, case studies, and request for information (RFI)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Technical Writing, Marketing, English or Journalism
• 3-5 years of IT technical proposal writing experience
• Technical understanding of IT products and services, including mobile, cloud, IT Infrastructure, application development, and system and application support services.
• Experience with governmental technical proposal development and processes is preferred
• Excellent communication skills and extensive proposal writing and editing experience
· Must be proficient in grammar, spelling, and punctuation and have accurate proofreading skills
· Requires excellent organization skills and extreme attention to detail
· Can articulate complex concepts and processes in writing
· Proven ability to effectively research subject matter
· Experience working in a collaborative environment; ability to work well under tight deadlines and effectively interact with a wide range of personnel
· Demonstrated expertise using Microsoft Office, Visio and Project.