Description:This work effort involves providing DB2 DBA maintenance and development support of mainframe DB2 application databases in all environments (development, validation, integration, and production). The resource will conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases. The DBA will be required to evaluate physical data models using ERwin. The DBA will be participating in the troubleshooting of slow running applications to determine modification to enhance performance. Direct interaction with the application development teams will be required.
• Administration of databases throughout the development and production lifecycles.
• Conduct performance monitoring and tuning activities on DB2 databases.
• Perfomance monitoring and tuning of several DB2 databases.
• Provide advice and support to development resources.
• Create and maintain the performance of stored procedures.
• Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
• Supporting the standing standards, policies and procedures of the customer team.
• May be scheduled for after hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
• The selected candidate will accept other duties as directed by management
• Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equilvalent experience with 11 years of professional experience
• Mainframe DB2 DBA experience at least Version 10.
• A strong knowledge of how read/tune SQL is required.
• Experience with CA or BMC DB2 tools.
• Experience with Ommegamon for DB2.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to independently research problems and provide solutions.
• Availability to provide weekend/off-hours support as needed.